An important task, but also a tiresome duty: for 10 to 30 years the radiologist is legally obliged to store intact, ready-for-finding studies. During this time the change is predictable: The storage media become faster and faster and more powerful. The today often still to be found DVDs will already be replaced in a short time by reliable, modern media. To guarantee the daily trouble-free operation and to ensure short demand periods and reliable, long-term archiving is binding valuable human resources and is cost-intensive.
Therefore VISUS completes its PACS offer with the service of an external digital long-term archiving. In the maximum security data center of the partner T-Systems highly available mass data storage disks are on hand.
VISUS takes over the operation of professional supervision and control of the long-term archives, keeps the software up to date, provides a hotline by telephone and electronic, a fault-cleaningservice with guaranteed response times.
Instead of a pre in-house - invest in storage systems there is a userdefined data archive for use available at any time. Adequate media to the necessary extent will be provided continuously and without separate call.
For the clinic the service concept instead of a hardware and software purchase makes superfluous new acquisitions, the monitoring of data integrity and the switching of media. The routine duties of daily operations such as software maintenance and service as well as backup/ recovery of archiving software belong to the same standard performance level as a hotline and possible troubleshooting with guaranteed response times.
By request VISUS makes an optional second system available. You may also switch to it during the ongoing operation.
Another advantage: The SSP JiveX overall package is only paid and settled after the actual used memory volume. The customer uses the solution as an external service at a fixed price per data unit (e.g. gigabyte) for each year of archiving. No capacity reserves needed. When the required volume drops it also decreases the user fee. A contract period of 5 years brings cost accounting reliability.
The solution consists of the JiveX Archive Gateway for data encryption and outsourcing, the JiveX Data Center Server operated by VISUS at the T-Systems data center as well as the storage and network elements. The digital images are administrated by the JiveX Communication Server and are locally 2 to 4 years online available. All data in the online archive will be simultaneously tagged with an expiry date and transferred to long-term archiving.
Also, the standardized DICOM data from other PACS providers can be deposited and also retrieved in the long-term archive.
The long-term archiving takes places in a central data center of T-Systems, the data communication is carried out via Health Care Industry network, or any other existing encrypted telecommunications link.
1. Due to the outsourcing of the PACS operation to the service provider VISUS clinical and practice IT can concentrate themselves on their core tasks.
2. Investment in long-term archive is not necessary. The running costs are manageable, which is interesting not only for large, but also for small and medium-sized providers.
3. Home-made technical know-how needs to be constantly maintained. Frequent change of personnel puts reliability, availability and system deployment at risk. The outsourcing of routine tasks of the engineering operation to experts helps to minimize operation risk and to guarantee higher availabilities.
4. Is a professionally run SSP service desk included, the "cost of ownership" can be lowered and up to 30 percent of the IT budget can be saved - among others by eliminating internal administration, maintenance and security expenses.
5. JiveX PACS SSP solution is scalable upwards and downwards, depending on the current study volume, number of modalities and generated data volumes. The license supply is taken over by VISUS.
6. Who is using JiveX SSP solutions participates in the development of the technology without even to have to install and to operate them.
7. "Pay-per-volume" is liquidity preserving: cost for PACS always arise only to the extent and at the date when sales also allow payment.